Join Nancy and Lori each month for sewing fun! Each month includes:
- Breakfast– anything from yogurt and fruit or french toast bake to donuts from Frosty’s, eating is 1st priority!
- Demo (no purchase required)– learn about a ruler, a pattern, a notion, or a sewing technique! May’s demo is all about fat quarters and how to use them!
- Show ‘n Tell– bring something you’ve finished or are working on that uses only fat quarters! Share some ideas and bring new ones home!
- Door prizes!
- 20% off store purchase the morning of Breakfast Club! (some exclusions apply)
WHEN: The 4th Friday of the month from 8:30 – 10am. No requirement to sign up for a certain number of months, but preregistration is requested each month (so we have enough food!).
COST: $10 per month
LEVEL: All levels of sewists welcome!
Indigo blue and light quilts were so very popular in the 19th century and are still a classic today! Pam Buda’s own collection and the diary entries of Mrs. Miller and her young protégé neighbor, Ellie, inspired her to create a BOM program. Recreate the blocks they stitched for what’s sure to be a treasured quilt in your collection. To see the fabrics in more detail, clink the link:
WHEN: starting January 2019, will include a monthly meeting for instruction/guidance of that month’s block. Remaining meetings are April 4; May 2; June 6: July 11 (note it’s the 2nd Thursday); August 1; September 5; October 3; November 7; December 5.
COST: approx. $25/month
LEVEL: Confident beginner
Another mystery quilt is in the works! The sleuthing will begin on Tuesday November 20. How it works:
- Come by Cotton Weeds for a supply list. The mystery class is FREE, but you must purchase the fabric for the quilt top here at Cotton Weeds.
- Each month you will receive a clue (instructions for cutting and piecing). Join us for some mysterious fun on the third Tuesday of the month from 6 – 8pm, or just pick up your clue at Cotton Weeds anytime after the third Tuesday.
- The mystery will run for 6 months (there are 6 clues), Nov. 2018 – April 2019.
LEVEL: Confident beginner
With The 4”x 5” Quilt Block Anthology book as a guide, learn techniques such as half-square triangles, stitch-and-flip corners, flying geese, applique, using templates, English paper piecing, and foundation paper piecing. Bring your machines—we will be cutting and sewing! Each month will feature instruction of a different technique with Lori providing tips for how to sew the blocks. This BOM will run for 8 months—you will have enough blocks at the end to make a wall hanging. Or keep sewing and make it a quilt! This is a monthly class that includes the book, fat quarters, and instruction.
WHEN: Starting October 2019 from 6 – 8pm
COST: TBD plus tax
LEVEL: Confident beginner (you’ve used your sewing machine before and can thread it, you know how to sew with a 1/4″ seam allowance)
- Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Class must be paid for at the time of registration to secure your seat in the class.
- You must register by phone or in person– no e-mails, please.
- At the time of registration, a supply list will be provided (if applicable).
- Please bring a sewing machine in good working order to the class (if it’s a machine-sewing class). Please be comfortable using your machine.
- Classes are nonrefundable unless we cancel class for any reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class if there are not enough people signed up.