Below are classes for winter and spring 2018– more to be added, so check back often! Click on the title of the class below for more info.
You must preregister for all classes– please call the shop to hold your spot! Please also review the class policies at the bottom of this page before signing up.
Join Michelle and stitch part of your quilt each month. Who knows what you will end up with????? The class is FREE, but you have to purchase your fabric for the mystery quilt at Cotton Weeds Quilt Shop.
WHEN: Once a month for 6 months, starting Oct. 19. We’ll meet the 3rd Thursday of each month: Oct. 19, Nov. 16, Dec. 21, Jan. 18, Feb. 15, and Mar. 15.
Make a baby-size sampler quilt as you learn to piece! You will learn the basics of rotary-cutting, measuring, reading patterns, seam allowance, and piecing. Michelle will give lots of tips and tricks along the way, including how to choose fabrics!
WHEN: 7 weeks, starting on Wednesday Jan. 24 from 6 – 8:30pm (Jan. 24/31, Feb. 7/14/21/28, March 7; March 14 is snow day make-up)
COST: $125 plus supplies
An exciting new club! Join Nancy and Lori each month for sewing fun! Each month includes:
- Breakfast– anything from eggs or a Monte Cristo sandwich to donuts from Frosty’s, eating is 1st priority!
- Demo (no purchase required)– learn about a ruler, a pattern, a notion, or a sewing technique!
- Show ‘n Tell– bring something you’ve finished or are working on to show the group!
- Sit ‘n Sew: bring a UFO to work on (hand or machine project) and work on it in our classroom!
- Door prizes!
- 20% off store purchase the morning of Breakfast Club! (some exclusions apply)
WHEN: The 4th Friday of the month from 8:30 – 10am. No requirement to sign up for a certain number of months, but preregistration is required each month.
COST: $10 per month
LEVEL: All levels of sewists welcome!
This will begin in March 2018 and run for 9 months. It features batiks by Sarah J. Maxwell, and it’s beautiful. We are doing the jewel-toned colors. The quilt will finish to approximately 76″ x 87″. If you are interested, call or stop by the shop to sign up and pay a $37 deposit (nonrefundable unless we cancel, deposit goes towards the first month’s payment). TWO SPOTS LEFT!!
WHEN: 9 months, starting March 2018 (class will be the 2nd Tuesday of the month, from 6 – 8pm)
COST: $37 per month which includes the monthly meeting– instruction will be given on that month’s block at the meeting
LEVEL: Confident beginner
- Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Class must be paid for at the time of registration to secure your seat in the class.
- You must register by phone or in person– no e-mails, please.
- At the time of registration, a supply list will be provided (if applicable).
- Please bring a sewing machine in good working order to the class (if it’s a machine-sewing class). Please be comfortable using your machine.
- Classes are nonrefundable unless we cancel class for any reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class if there are not enough people signed up.