Join Michelle as you take your quilting skills to the next level. Explore piecing small blocks, half-square triangles, and 9-patches. The finished quilt size is 53 1/2″ x 62 1/2″ (throw).
WHEN: starts Wednesday, Jan. 23 from 6 – 8pm. Class runs for 8 weeks until March 27 (NO CLASS on Feb. 20/27)
PRERECQUISITE: you’ve pieced at least 1 quilt.
COST: $125 for instruction, $85.99 for the kit. The kit includes all of the fabric for the top and binding (Wilmington Batiks!).
Join Nancy and Lori each month for sewing fun! Each month includes:
- Breakfast– anything from yogurt and fruit or french toast bake to donuts from Frosty’s, eating is 1st priority!
- Demo (no purchase required)– learn about a ruler, a pattern, a notion, or a sewing technique! February’s demo is about the history of the 4-patch! Includes a “make-and-take”! Bring a young sewist with you if you’d like– they can join us as we sew a fun 4-patch project! Ages 8 and older with an accompanying adult.
- Show ‘n Tell– bring something you’ve finished or are working on to show the group!
- Door prizes!
- 20% off store purchase the morning of Breakfast Club! (some exclusions apply)
WHEN: The 4th Friday of the month from 8:30 – 10am. No requirement to sign up for a certain number of months, but preregistration is required each month.
COST: $10 per month
LEVEL: All levels of sewists welcome!
With The 4”x 5” Quilt Block Anthology book as a guide, learn techniques such as half-square triangles, stitch-and-flip corners, flying geese, applique, using templates, English paper piecing, and foundation paper piecing. Bring your machines—we will be cutting and sewing! Each month will feature instruction of a different technique with Lori providing tips for how to sew the blocks. This BOM will run for 8 months—you will have enough blocks at the end to make a wall hanging. Or keep sewing and make it a quilt! This is a monthly class that includes the book, fat quarters, and instruction.
WHEN: Third Thursday of the month, starting October 18 from 6 – 8pm (other classes are Nov. 15/Dec. 20/Jan. 17/Feb. 21/Mar. 21/Apr. 18)
COST: $18.99 per month plus tax
LEVEL: Confident beginner (you’ve used your sewing machine before and can thread it, you know how to sew with a 1/4″ seam allowance)
Indigo blue and light quilts were so very popular in the 19th century and are still a classic today! Pam Buda’s own collection and the diary entries of Mrs. Miller and her young protégé neighbor, Ellie, inspired her to create a BOM program. Recreate the blocks they stitched for what’s sure to be a treasured quilt in your collection. To see the fabrics in more detail, clink the link:
WHEN: starting January 2019, will include a monthly meeting for instruction/guidance of that month’s block
COST: approx. $25/month; hold your spot with a $25 deposit that will go towards the first month’s payment; nonrefundable: refunds of $25 only if Cotton Weeds cancels the program.
LEVEL: Confident beginner
Another mystery quilt is in the works! The sleuthing will begin on Tuesday November 20. How it works:
- Come by Cotton Weeds for a supply list. The mystery class is FREE, but you must purchase the fabric for the quilt top here at Cotton Weeds.
- Each month you will receive a clue (instructions for cutting and piecing). Join us for some mysterious fun on the third Tuesday of the month from 6 – 8pm, or just pick up your clue at Cotton Weeds anytime after the third Tuesday.
- The mystery will run for 6 months (there are 6 clues), Nov. 2018 – April 2019.
LEVEL: Confident beginner
- Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Class must be paid for at the time of registration to secure your seat in the class.
- You must register by phone or in person– no e-mails, please.
- At the time of registration, a supply list will be provided (if applicable).
- Please bring a sewing machine in good working order to the class (if it’s a machine-sewing class). Please be comfortable using your machine.
- Classes are nonrefundable unless we cancel class for any reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class if there are not enough people signed up.