An exciting new club! Join Nancy and Lori each month for sewing fun! Each month includes:
- Breakfast– anything from yogurt and fruit or french toast bake to donuts from Frosty’s, eating is 1st priority!
- Demo (no purchase required)– learn about a ruler, a pattern, a notion, or a sewing technique! December’s demo is about different styles of Hand Embroidery!
- Show ‘n Tell– bring something you’ve finished or are working on to show the group!
- Door prizes!
- 20% off store purchase the morning of Breakfast Club! (some exclusions apply)
WHEN: The 4th Friday of the month from 8:30 – 10am (except for November– because of “Black Friday”, we will meet on Saturday). No requirement to sign up for a certain number of months, but preregistration is required each month.
COST: $10 per month
LEVEL: All levels of sewists welcome!
With The 4”x 5” Quilt Block Anthology book as a guide, learn techniques such as half-square triangles, stitch-and-flip corners, flying geese, applique, using templates, English paper piecing, and foundation paper piecing. Bring your machines—we will be cutting and sewing! Each month will feature instruction of a different technique with Lori providing tips for how to sew the blocks. This BOM will run for 8 months—you will have enough blocks at the end to make a wall hanging. Or keep sewing and make it a quilt! This is a monthly class that includes the book, fat quarters, and instruction.
WHEN: Third Thursday of the month, starting October 18 from 6 – 8pm (other classes are Nov. 15/Dec. 20/Jan. 17/Feb. 21/Mar. 21/Apr. 18)
COST: $18.99 per month plus tax
LEVEL: Confident beginner (you’ve used your sewing machine before and can thread it, you know how to sew with a 1/4″ seam allowance)
Indigo blue and light quilts were so very popular in the 19th century and are still a classic today! Pam Buda’s own collection and the diary entries of Mrs. Miller and her young protégé neighbor, Ellie, inspired her to create a BOM program. Recreate the blocks they stitched for what’s sure to be a treasured quilt in your collection. To see the fabrics in more detail, clink the link:
WHEN: starting January 2019, will include a monthly meeting for instruction/guidance of that month’s block
COST: approx. $25/month; hold your spot with a $25 deposit that will go towards the first month’s payment; nonrefundable: refunds of $25 only if Cotton Weeds cancels the program.
LEVEL: Confident beginner
Learn the basics of working with wool in this beginner class with Heather. She’ll teach you how to fuse shapes onto the background and blanket stitch around them. Thread, needle, and fabric choice will also be discussed.
WHEN: Saturday, December 8 from 9am – noon
COST: $30 plus supplies
Another mystery quilt is in the works! The sleuthing will begin on Tuesday November 20. How it works:
- Come by Cotton Weeds for a supply list. The mystery class is FREE, but you must purchase the fabric for the quilt top here at Cotton Weeds.
- Each month you will receive a clue (instructions for cutting and piecing). Join us for some mysterious fun on the third Tuesday of the month from 6 – 8pm, or just pick up your clue at Cotton Weeds anytime after the third Tuesday.
- The mystery will run for 6 months (there are 6 clues), Nov. 2018 – April 2019.
LEVEL: Confident beginner
- Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Class must be paid for at the time of registration to secure your seat in the class.
- You must register by phone or in person– no e-mails, please.
- At the time of registration, a supply list will be provided (if applicable).
- Please bring a sewing machine in good working order to the class (if it’s a machine-sewing class). Please be comfortable using your machine.
- Classes are nonrefundable unless we cancel class for any reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class if there are not enough people signed up.