If you are part of our Block of the Month, join us on the 2nd Tuesday of each month for the 12 months of the program! You can cut your block, sew your block, or just come to socialize.
WHEN: 2nd Tuesday of the month starting January 10 from 6 – 8pm
Other meetings will be: Feb. 14, March 14, Apr. 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, Aug. 8, Sept. 12, Oct. 10, Nov. 14, and Dec. 12.
COST: Free if you are part of our “Getting to Know Hue” Block of the Month program.
We are hosting a weekend of Open Sews September 16 and 17! Join us in our classroom to work on your projects. Chat with other sewists, get advice on colors, ask our talented staff for help! Cost is a $10 cash donation per day that will go to Freeport Community Services. Hours are 10am – 5pm on Saturday Sept. 16 and 11am – 4pm on Sunday Sept. 17. Space is limited– please call to reserve your spot.
Join Heather to learn the beautiful art of wool stitchery. She will share her expertise on fusing the design, embroidery thread and needle choice, and the blanket stitch. This class is great for beginners. A kit will be available for purchase to work on during class.
Cost: $30 plus supplies
Saturday September 23 from 10:30 – 1:30pm
Make a quilt top in one day! Join Lori as she shows you the quick and easy technique to sew crazy blocks together. This class is great for beginners to sewing and quilting– not a lot of cutting necessary!!! More advanced sewists are also welcome to spend the day having fun with the Stack ‘n Slash. You will have a baby-size quilt top– add optional sashing and borders to make it bigger!
You will need to bring a sewing machine to the class, but we do have some available to use for the day if you need one.
Cost: $50 plus supplies
Sunday, September 24 from 9am – 5pm
Join Michelle to learn all the basics of sewing a quilt top! This class is for the very beginning sewist and anyone who hasn’t sewn for awhile and needs a refresher. Over the course of 7 weeks, you will make a sampler quilt top using Michelle’s tips and tricks. Learn to choose colors that are complimentary, rotary cut, square up your blocks, nest seams, and much much more!
Cost: $125 plus supplies
Wednedays, starting September 27, from 6 – 8:30pm
Other Wednesdays are: Oct. 4/11/18/25 and Nov. 1/8
- Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Class must be paid for at the time of registration to secure your seat in the class.
- You must register by phone or in person– no e-mails, please.
- At the time of registration, a supply list will be provided (if applicable).
- Please bring a sewing machine in good working order to the class (if it’s a machine-sewing class). Please be comfortable using your machine.
- Classes are nonrefundable unless we cancel class for any reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class if there are not enough people signed up.